Lands Asunder
Please Login!

The username should be the same as the wiki username.

Thanks!

Administration
http://www.landsasunder.pbwiki.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Lands Asunder
Please Login!

The username should be the same as the wiki username.

Thanks!

Administration
http://www.landsasunder.pbwiki.com
Lands Asunder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lands Asunder

White Wolf Exalted v 2.0 RPG set in An-Teng

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ink Monkies Dawn solution etc

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ink Monkies Dawn solution etc Empty Ink Monkies Dawn solution etc Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:50 pm

King Kamehameha

I have been told this chat will incoperate the full ink monkies material including dawn solution. Im assuming this also means the native bonus for MA. Is this correct?

2Ink Monkies Dawn solution etc Empty Re: Ink Monkies Dawn solution etc Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:22 am

Trygve

Celestial Deliberative
Celestial Deliberative

As listed on the Wiki, we are not using all the Ink Monkey material, but a selection of it. The Dawn Solution and its far-reaching effects will not be considered implemented until the 2.5 errata has been released, and it becomes clear whether or not the other Exalts receive their own comparable updates. Native bonuses to martial arts are likewise on hold until the remaining Styles have been similarly updated.

3Ink Monkies Dawn solution etc Empty Re: Ink Monkies Dawn solution etc Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:06 am

Throne

4Ink Monkies Dawn solution etc Empty Re: Ink Monkies Dawn solution etc Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:09 pm

AdmiralSlappyPants

To quote the wiki: "Until such a time as an errata is released that makes them available to all Exalted types, the effects and changes pertaining to the keywords "Martial-Ready" and "Overdrive" will not be used."

With 2.5's allowing someone to combo whenever they want, Overdrive seems rather superfluous in addition, so its allowance should not be a problem, though if you would not use Overdrive, is it a manner of getting rid of the charms that provide it entirely and striking the sections in other charms that it includes? (For Example Glorious Solar Saber has a bit of Overdrive stuff in it, but getting rid of the whole charm because of a sentence tacked on at the end seems silly)

As for Martial-Ready, does this include the Martial keyword as well? A simple proposal would be to make all the Martial-Ready charms into Martial, so the characters with those charms would need the stats in the other abilities in order to use the charms. (So you need Thrown 4 to use a Melee charm that is Melee 4 and Martial with Thrown)

5Ink Monkies Dawn solution etc Empty Re: Ink Monkies Dawn solution etc Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:17 pm

Throne

Overdrive is far from Superfluous. Note that in-combat mote gain has been massively reduced (only one stunt bonus between DV refresh, a lot of the old mote gain charms now only providing 'attunement motes' which are... of dubious utility, Soulsteel material bonus being pruned back, and so on). Overdrive is almost the only reliable way of being able to continually do the fun stuff in combat.

Disclaimer: Errata hasn't been out a day yet, so I'll admit to having perhaps not a fully concrete grasp of how the system stands under 2.5, but that's looking like the best-guess scenario.

6Ink Monkies Dawn solution etc Empty Re: Ink Monkies Dawn solution etc Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:20 pm

AdmiralSlappyPants

Fair point, although I think that (I could be wrong, I have'nt even glanced at them) that Lunars and Sidereals got Overdrive charms with this errata, so now Solars/Abyssals(I think)/Infernals/Lunars and Sidereals all have it, so its not a matter of skewed implemention anymore.

7Ink Monkies Dawn solution etc Empty Re: Ink Monkies Dawn solution etc Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:29 pm

Throne

Infernals and Solars have a lot (I think Infernals have the most just because of the way their charm trees are structured). Abyssals have an abyssmal (no pun intended) slice of the Overdrive pie; I think two Essence 5, Ability 4 charms and one non-native charm to push soulsteel mote drain into their Overdrive pools (they were promised more back in 2010, along with everyone else, but there you go...).
I haven't looked through the Sidereal charms yet, and I think Lunars got a single overdrive charm. Still nothing for Dragonbloods or Alchemicals. So it's still pretty whacked.

8Ink Monkies Dawn solution etc Empty Re: Ink Monkies Dawn solution etc Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:04 pm

Admin

Agent Provocateur
Agent Provocateur

We never said that the new keywords were superfluous!

We simply want everyone to get a slice of the pie as it was said before. We want to make sure that everything is going to mesh together well on a large multi-type chat venue.

We are still considering 2.5 so the wiki may change soon! Smile

https://landsasunder.rpg-board.net

9Ink Monkies Dawn solution etc Empty Re: Ink Monkies Dawn solution etc Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:17 pm

Throne

Admin wrote:We never said that the new keywords were superfluous!

We simply want everyone to get a slice of the pie as it was said before. We want to make sure that everything is going to mesh together well on a large multi-type chat venue.

We are still considering 2.5 so the wiki may change soon! Smile

Yeah, I was responding to
AdmiralSlappyPants wrote:With 2.5's allowing someone to combo whenever they want, Overdrive seems rather superfluous
Apologies if I could've been clearer there.

10Ink Monkies Dawn solution etc Empty Re: Ink Monkies Dawn solution etc Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:42 pm

King Kamehameha

Well.. if nothing else.. Id love to get rid of combos >>

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum